Honey chicken and potatoes are made in one bowl! Roasted chicken thighs in the oven with the best honey mustard sauce makes dinner easy.
The combination of flavors makes honey mustard chicken one of the best recipes that I have here. You know that when you look at meat dishes (chicken for that matter), you don’t know what to do, but for some tastes, this passion may befall you, so
Should I try? After that, you can still add things to your desires, and this is really unusual.
Why do I have to say something unusual? This is the sauce. The sauce can be thick before putting it in the oven, which is nice. After the chicken exports its natural juice when it starts baking, this is where the magic begins. Honey mustard turns into a sweet / salt sauce with a hint of garlic and a special mustard flavor.
If there is one that I suggest you try, here it is. In fact, there is nothing better or easier than cooking potatoes and chicken in a pan, except for plates and oven trays, and soaking pan with meat and potatoes when baked in the oven.Print
- 4–5 chicken thighs bone in, skin on or off
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1–1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound (500 g) baby red potatoes quartered
- 8 ounces (250 g) green beans halved (OPTIONAL)
- 1–2 sprigs rosemary (OPTIONAL)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Generously season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-proof non stick pan (or a well-seasoned cast iron skillet) over medium-high heat. Sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes each side, until the skin becomes golden and crisp. Leave 2 tablespoons of chicken juices in the pan for added flavour, and drain any excess.
- Fry the garlic in the same pan around the chicken for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the honey, both mustards, and water to the pan, mixing well, and combine all around the chicken.
- Add in the potatoes; mix them through the sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to your tastes. Allow the honey mustard sauce to simmer for two minutes, then transfer to the hot oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through to the bone and no linger pink in the middle.
OPTIONAL: Remove from the oven after 30 minutes; add in the green beans (mixing them through the sauce), and return to the oven to bake for a further 15 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Honey Mustard Chicken & Potatoes Recipe