Polenta Chicken, Bean & Kale Soup.
You can cook Polenta Chicken, Bean & Kale Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Polenta Chicken, Bean & Kale Soup
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of medium cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 3/4 cup of coarse stone-ground yellow cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 bunch of kale, stemmed, leaves torn into 1-inch pieces.
- You need 1 (15.5 ounce) of can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken (rotisserie chicken works well).
- You need 4 ounces of Parmesan cheese (2 cups) plus more for garnish.
Polenta Chicken, Bean & Kale Soup instructions
- Shred the meat from a rotisserie chicken in advance..
- In a large pot over medium, heat oil until shimmering. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add 2 quarts water, then whisk in cornmeal; bring to a simmer. Add chicken, beans, kale and reduce to low; cook, uncovered for about 15 minutes. When the kale is tender, stir in Parmesan; season with salt and pepper..
- Serve with Parmesan cheese on top..