On my blog, you won’t find a simpler recipe of these grilled chicken tacos. With filler options, you can create as you need and the assembly takes just a few minutes. This means you can make lots of crispy tortilla and cheese, then cool or freeze for later use.
If there’s one thing we can agree on, it’s that prepared tacos are one of the biggest promotions in life right now.
You will need a wire rack, a bread basin or bread pans, very thin tortilla chips, chopped cheese, and your choice of cooked chicken stuffing. I’ll give you some recipes and ideas for chicken below.Print
Oven Baked Chicken Tacos using leftover roast chicken and ready in less than 30 minutes! These are almost ‘no mess’ tacos!
- parsley to serve
- sour cream to serve
- 2 cups grated cheese
- lettuce to serve
- 10 hard taco shells (flat based if possible)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups shredded roast chicken
- avocado to serve
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- cucumber to serve
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil. (this helps keep the shells crispy)
- Line up taco shells so they are all upright.
- Layer in each shell; chicken, salsa, tomatoes, cheese and bake in oven 15 minutes until cheese has melted. Don’t put the salsa in first or you will end up with soggy taco bases.
- Remove from oven and top with parsley, salad and sour cream!
- This also works with mini taco shells