Hi, I never thought that this carbohydrate-friendly recipe was very popular! It has been shared more than 250,000 times, Every day I receive emails and messages from people who tell me that this is their favorite chicken recipe!
Here’s the recipe to get started! The most popular recipes on my website! My sister is studying Atkins, and I’m making a low-carb version of the famous Jalapeno Popper chicken, which you can offer to low carb lovers and carbohydrate lovers!Print
Jalapeño Popper Chicken is all of the flavors you love in jalapeño poppers minus the calories from being fried.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup crispy bacon crumbled
- 8 oz cream cheese softned
- 1/2 lb jalapeno peppers fresh, about 5–6 peppers
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless (about 3–4 chicken breasts)
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F
- Lay chicken breasts flat in a casserole dish. Season them with the garlic powder then spread the cream cheese over them evenly.
- Wash the jalapeño peppers and then cut the tops off. Remove the seeds and stems if you want it milder, or leave some if you want more spice, then cut the peppers into strips and lay them on top of the cream cheese then sprinkle the cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, remove from oven 5 minutes before cooking is complete and sprinkle with bacon then return for the remaining cook time. Chicken is done when cooked through to an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Serve warm with a side of potatoes, veggies, or a baked potato. Enjoy!
- You can cut the chicken in half, chunks, or use chicken tenderloins in lieu of full chicken breasts to make serving easier. Cooking time may be reduced.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Calories: 318 kcal
- Sodium: 525mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 33g
- Cholesterol: 129mg