My favorite recipe for Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes – also known as mourning potatoes or cheese fries. This dish is very pleasant, always attracts the attention of many people and is suitable for a holiday dinner!
This is a staple for all our festive dinner parties. He will always be the first to disappear and get lots of reviews. Very tasty!
If you are looking for cheap potato recipes for festive food this year … I support you! These side dishes are dead! We have every festive dinner and it always works!
This dish is my mother’s specialty and the classic recipe my grandmother went through. A few weeks ago, let me attend a church event and invite him to cook. Now, of course, I want to share it with you!
If you know me, you know I really like potatoes. In general, you can find the proportion of dishes that I pair with most potatoes during Thanksgiving and Christmas. I definitely like mashed potatoes and homemade sauce, but don’t miss it too!Print
- 1 bunch green onions , chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers (or cornflakes, potato chips or panko crumbs, optional)
- 1/4 cup melted butter, plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken (or celery soup)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 30 ounce bag hash browns (or country style shredded potatoes or cubed potatoes, thawed)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and butter a 9×13″ baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine potatoes, green onions, sour cream, cream of chicken, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup melted butter and 1 cup of cheese. Stir until combined. Then spread into the baking dish.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and crushed Ritz crackers. Drizzle remaining 2 Tablespoons of melted butter on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling hot. If using cubed potatoes instead of shredded hash browns, bake for about 40 minutes.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 276 Kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 596mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
Keywords: Funeral Potatoes, Cheesy Potatoes