Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Rice is ideal for dinner on weekdays. This quick recipe for chicken and rice is not only delicious but also uses ingredients you may have!
Chicken and rice recipes are one of my favorite foods of all time, and the most searched thing on the restaurant menu. But when I get home, I make it from scratch because the recipe is so simple! Chicken and rice are a great way to expand your food budget.
For a family of four or five individuals, you only need to pay one and a half pounds of chicken and a few cups of rice to solve the problem. You can also prepare it before meals by dividing the entire meal into four equal parts and storing it in a frozen or chilled ziplock bag.Print
Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Rice
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoons salt divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups white rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Sauté chicken tenders until nicely browned and just cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the empty skillet and sauté garlic for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Turn heat to medium high and add white wine. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside 3 tablespoons of pan sauce to use later.
- Add uncooked rice to skillet with remaining butter sauce. Stir well – make sure it’s completely covered. Add chicken broth and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring mixture to a low boil then reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Stir several times while it’s cooking
- Sprinkle parmesan over rice then arrange chicken tenders in skillet over rice. Cover, remove from heat then let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle reserved 2 tablespoons of pan sauce over chicken tenders when serving and garnish with parsley.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Per Servings
- Calories: 737kcal
- Sodium: 1768mg
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
Keywords: Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Rice