- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoons salt divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups white rice (uncooked)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and garlic powder. Sauté chicken tenders until nicely browned and just cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic, pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the empty skillet and sauté garlic for a couple of minutes on medium heat.
- Turn heat to medium high and add white wine. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside 3 tablespoons of pan sauce to use later.
- Add uncooked rice to skillet with remaining butter sauce. Stir well – make sure it’s completely covered. Add chicken broth and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Bring mixture to a low boil then reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Stir several times while it’s cooking
- Sprinkle parmesan over rice then arrange chicken tenders in skillet over rice. Cover, remove from heat then let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle reserved 2 tablespoons of pan sauce over chicken tenders when serving and garnish with parsley.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: Per Servings
- Calories: 737kcal
- Sodium: 1768mg
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 59g
- Cholesterol: 142mg
Keywords: Chicken with Garlic Parmesan Rice