When you want something healthy, this chicken chili immediately catches your attention. White beans make it more satisfying than chicken soup, pasta, green peppers and jalapeno added with the right amount of spices, and add sour cream to a kind of whipped cream, which is difficult to remove in two. Given that everything is collected in less than an hour, this is a weekday dinner tournament.Print
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- 5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1/4 c. crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 (4.5 oz.) cans green chilies
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- In a large pot, over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and jalapeño and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and cumin and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add green chilis, chicken, and broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to pot and add white beans and corn. Bring to a simmer and let cook, 10 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in sour cream.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with cilantro, cheese, and chips before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: White Chicken Chili