Slow-cooker whiskey meatballs can be prepared in just 5 minutes, and are quick and easy appetizers, ideal for holidays, football season, or Saturday nights at home with your family! Everyone will need a few seconds (and the recipe), so you will definitely need two waves.
They are easily put together! Just put the sauce in the pan, add the frozen meatballs and stir. With the rest of the bowl, you can prepare delicious appetizers in two hours!
This minced meat is the “best” appetizer. Put all the seasonings in a bowl and stir until cool for a week. Stir the frozen meatballs and cook on high heat for 2 hours or low heat for 4 hours.
Inside the whiskey! Bourbon places these little balls with your fist, but rest assured that alcohol will burn while eating! The rest is just a rich and soft whiskey flavor, plus barbecue and sweet and spicy sauce, which gives you a relaxed and fun appetizer, perfect for a holiday!Print
Slow Cooker Whiskey Meatballs
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 mins
- Yield: 26 (1 oz.) meatballs 1x 1x
The easiest appetizer you’ve ever made, these meatballs will have your friends and family asking for seconds (and the recipe)!
- fresh cracked pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 26 oz. bag Italian or traditional style frozen meatballs
- thinly sliced green onion for garnish, optional
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Combine whiskey, chili sauce, apricot preserves, BBQ sauce, worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder and a large pinch of salt and pepper in a medium slow cooker.
- Add frozen meatballs and stir until meatballs are coated in sauce.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours (or low for 4 hours) or until meatballs are heated through.
- Garnish with sliced green onion if desired and enjoy!
- Those little bottles of liquor that you’ll find near the check out in the liquor department are 1/4 of a cup. So you’ll need three of those small bottles for this recipe. Better make it four bottles though, so you can make yourself a cocktail while you’re hard at work in the kitchen!
- Try a flavored whiskey for more dimension. I’ve tried peach and apple whiskey in this recipe and both turned out great. Classic whiskey is delish but feel free to switch up and add some more flavor in there!
- To make these meatballs ahead of time just mix the sauce ingredients in the crock pot insert and stick it in the fridge until about 2 hours before you’d like to serve them. Then stir in the frozen meatballs, crank it up to high and let the slow cooker do all the work.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 per servings
- Calories: 383 kacl
- Sodium: 1131mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 36.8g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 22.4g
- Cholesterol: 60.8mg
Keywords: BBQ meatballs, slow cooker meatballs, crock pot meatballs, whiskey meatballs