Whether you are on a picnic, impromptu, or dinner as an additional meal at home, Five Bean Salad will impress you. Seasoned with homemade mustard sauce, made in 20 minutes, can speed up the journey and good.
Have you started working on the Super Bowl list this weekend? This year we plan to watch the game at a friend’s house. He sent an invitation via email and asked us all to take plates. As the only food blogger in the crowd, I offered to bring two dishes. Sauce and salad.
As for the sauce, I prepared one of my own recipes, red pepper, and walnut sauce, and for the salad, I brought five peanut butter and garlic mustard. I think these two recipes are very suitable for feeding many people, can be easily copied and can be combined quickly and easily.
Whether you make it for a picnic, potluck, or a weeknight dinner at home as a side dish, this Five Bean Salad is guaranteed to impress. Flavored with homemade garlicky mustard dressing, it comes together in 20 minutes, can be made ahead, and travels well.Print
Five Bean Salad Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
Whether you make it for a picnic, potluck, or a weeknight dinner at home as a side dish, this Five Bean Salad is guaranteed to impress. Flavored with homemade garlicky mustard dressing, it comes together in 20 minutes, can be made ahead, and travels well.
For the Green Beans:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of fresh green beans, rinsed and cut into ½ inch pieces
For the Salad:
- 1 small bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 stalks of scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 (15 ounces) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 (15 ounces) can of Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ English cucumber, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounces) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounces) can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Garlicky Mustard Dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- To cook the green beans: Place a bowl with cold water and some ice. Set aside. Heat 3 cups of water and 1 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan. When it comes to a boil, add in the green beans. Cook for 6-7 minutes or until the green beans are cooked to your liking. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans into the ice cold water to stop the cooking. Let it sit a few minutes, drain, and set aside.
- To make the salad: Combine red kidney beans, chickpeas, black beans, Cannellini beans, cooked green beans, scallions, bell pepper, cucumber, and parsley in a bowl. Give it a gentle mix and set aside.
- To make the dressing: Mix all ingredients in a jar, put the lid on, and shake vigorously until fully mixed.
- Drizzle the dressing over the bean salad. Using large servings spoons, give it a mix. Taste for seasoning and add in if necessary.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 352kcal
- Sugar: 8.4g
- Sodium: 825.4mg
- Fat: 12.8g
- Carbohydrates: 47.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: simple bean salad, 5 bean salad recipe, mediterranean bean salad, bean salad dressing, classic three bean salad recipe, 3 bean salad recipe healthy, italian bean salad