Have lunch. We all have the best intentions to cook, which is not usually the case. Our lack of willingness can lead to over-pricing of prices beyond our colleagues’ lunch budgets, or lack of choice in self-driving fast food restaurants (well, suuuuure, frying.) Or worse, we skipped when walking to the door after work, would Lunch breaks out.
One of the things that drove me to the mystery “eat lunch to eat” is preparing some of my favorite ingredients for a full and healthy lunch salad (also for dinner), and I know I can put it in the fridge all week for years.
This recipe is an improvised classic Greek salad with grilled chicken. Every day I yearn to add typical Greek and Mediterranean flavors to Kalamata olives, crispy cheese and crunchy cucumber, and add two recipes that are easy to prepare every day.Print
Greek Salad with Chicken
- Prep Time: 14 mins
- Total Time: 14 mins
- Yield: 2 salads 1x
- 6 cups chopped lettuce such as iceberg or romaine
- 1 8- ounce Greek Marinated Chicken Breast sliced or chopped
- 2 cups Mediterranean Tomato Salad or sliced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced Persian or hothouse cucumber
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese broken into chunks
- For the Greek Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon each of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the lettuce to a large serving bowl or two individual salad bowls. Top with the sliced chicken, tomato salad, cucumber, olives, and feta cheese.
- To make the dressing, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, sugar and salt and pepper to a small canning jar. Top with the lid and shake well until blended and emulsified. Season with more sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to taste.
If meal prepping these salads ahead of time, store the salads separately from the dressing. Dress the salads just before eating.
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Greek Salad with Chicken