I love the traditional preparations for chicken broth in Goa, but I love trying different dishes to make the food interesting.
Masala Chicken is a new type of chicken preparation method, I once tried it at my friend’s house and I was just curious to know how to make it.
The recipe was a little different for me, so I made some changes to this dish and it turned out to be really great!
I like the traditional goa chicken broth preparations, but I do like the va Chicken Masala experiencePrint
- 500 gms of chicken, cut in pieces
- 4 tbsp onion paste(deep fried onions ground to paste)
- Masala (Dry roast a 6 tbsp coriander seeds,2 tbsp cumin seeds,1 inch piece of cinnamon, 4
cloves,2 red chillies, 4 black peppercorns and grind to a fine powder)
- 2 tbsp of chicken Malvani Masala powder or any other Chicken Masala powder (store bought)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tbsp cashew powder
- 2 tbsp of Heavy Whipping Cream
- cilantro for garnish
- salt as per taste
- a bunch of cilantro
- 6 cloves of garlic
- small piece of ginger
- 1 to 2 green chilies(as per your choice of spice)
- 1tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp yogurt,beaten
- salt as per taste
- Wash chicken and keep aside.
- Now grind together cilantro,green chillies,ginger,garlic,turmeric powder to a smooth paste
with very little water.
- Now add this to the cleaned chicken and add yogurt and salt. Let it sit for 2 hrs.
- In a pan heat oil, add chopped onion and fry for 2 mins.
- Add chicken with the marination mixture to this and cover and cook for 10 mins or till the
chicken is 80% cooked.
- Add the onion paste to this and cook for 2 mins.
- To this add masala powder which you prepared by dry roasting and grinding.
- Now add Malvani Masala powder to this mixture,whipping cream and cook for another 2
- Add salt as per taste.
- Just before you turn off the gas, add cashew powder.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve wit Pav/Une or rice of your choice.
I would recommend to use chicken pieces with bones here. If you use boneless chicken then taste will vary greatly.
Please adjust the spice level as per your choice.
Add more water if you want gravy.
I don’t have the recipe of Malvani Masala put up currently. If anyone is interested in recipe of
Malvani Masala I shall put up a post for that soon.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chicken Masala