(Rasp)berry custard tart in a cookie crumb crust. Grain free and paleo raspberry custard tart with a vanilla cookie crust. Gluten free, dairy free, soy free with grass fed gelatin. This grain free and Paleo friendly Raspberry Custard Tart is a summer dessert everyone will love.
Used cookie crumbs to make a tart…» Cookie-Crusted Tart Recipes. Creamy Lime Ricotta Tart in a Gingersnap Crust. Now turn out the crumbs into your tart pan-you definitely want one with a removable bottom for these tarts. You can have (Rasp)berry custard tart in a cookie crumb crust using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of (Rasp)berry custard tart in a cookie crumb crust
- You need of Crust.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cookie crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter, melted.
- You need of Custard filling.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbs of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s of Berries.
- It’s of 1 lb/450 gr of berries.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
(Rasp)berry custard tart in a cookie crumb crust step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C..
- Make the crust by whisking together the crumbs and the sugar, then pour in the melted butter and thoroughly combine. Press them evenly into the pie tin. Refrigerate for at least a half-hour before using. To make the crumbs, I buy cheap butter cookies, break them up, and toss them in the blender..
- For the custard filling, whisk together the sugar and flour in a bowl, then add the cream and egg, and whisk the whole mixture until thoroughly combined..
- For the berries, mix them with the sugar and salt in a separate bowl. NOTE: I’ve used frozen berries for this recipe plenty of times and they work just fine but just be sure to defrost them first. Also, if using a smaller tin, use fewer berries, naturally..
- Spoon the berries into the crust, then pour in the custard mix. Like I said, I used a smaller tin so I had some custard mix leftover. Meh, I’ll live..
- Cook on the center rack for 45 minutes or so. The center should be a bit wobbly still (if making a smaller size, start checking on it after 40 minutes). Take it out of the oven, let it cool completely on a wire rack, and then refrigerate for at least two hours before serving..
Some people have success with putting the cookies in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin. Use the included vanilla wafer crust for the pie or use a shortbread cookie crumb crust or graham cracker crust. Refrigerated cookies get elevated to berry-ful fork food! Top tip for making Raspberry and custard tarts. Whizz up leftover raspberries with a squeeze of lemon and a little icing sugar, then sieve for a great coulis.