Glazed Orange Cookies. Soft, buttery orange cookies made with zest and juice then iced with an orange glaze. Their old-fashioned flavor will remind you of grandma’s kitchen! Bursting with orange flavor and boasting an incredibly chewy and melt-in-your-mouth texture, these orange glazed.
In small bowl, stir all glaze ingredients, adding enough water to make a pouring consistency. Soft, crumbly lemon & orange cookies with a sweet orange glaze. These are a sophisticated little While technically they’re called “Orange Cookies”, there’s a healthy dose of lemon in there too. You can have Glazed Orange Cookies using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Glazed Orange Cookies
- You need 1 1/4 Cup of All-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/8 Teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Grated orange zest.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of fresh orange juice.
- It’s 1/2 of an egg.
- You need of Orange Glaze.
- You need 3/4 Cup of icing sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Orange zest.
- Prepare of Fresh orange juice.
The Orange-Glazed Cookies recipe out of our category Cookie! These dainty glazed cookies are perfect for a tea party. Transfer cookies to cooling racks to cool completley. For the glaze: In a small mixing bowl wisk together powdered sugar, orange juice, and.
Glazed Orange Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius. Line a baking pan with parchment paper..
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside..
- In a small bowl, combine the the sugar and orange zest, rubbing them together with your fingers until the zest is completely incorporated into the sugar..
- Cream together the butter and the orange zest-infused sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and orange and mix until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. If the dough seems a little on the soft side, refrigerate it for up to 30 minutes..
- Scoop out the dough and roll them into balls, placing them 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges, but still pale in the middle. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes on the cookie sheet, and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely..
- Make the Sweet Orange Glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar, orange zest, and enough orange juice to achieve the desired consistency (less juice for a thicker glaze, more for a thinner one). Spread glaze over top of the cooled cookies, and allow to set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Store at room temperature in an airtight container (divide layers with wax paper so the cookies don’t stick together)..
These delicious glazed orange cookies are a melt in mouth sugar cookie that is full of orange goodness. Lemon is my first love but orange is close behind. I am a huge fan of citrus flavors be it. Be the first to rate & review! Using boxed cake mix gives you a jump-start in making these orange-frosted cookies.