Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green.
You can cook Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green
- It’s 2 of large chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 C of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1/2 pint of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 C of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Tortillas.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbs of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 Tbs of parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of FOR RED SAUCE – 15 oz tomato sauce & can of red enchilada sauce.
- Prepare of FOR GREEN SAUCE -large can green enchilada sauce 28-32oz.
Shredded chicken enchiladas red or green instructions
- Cook chicken in crockpot seasoned with salt and covered with water. Can cook overnight on low or on high about 3 hours.
- Cook rice.
- Once chicken is done take out and wipe off fat and skin with a paper towel. Shred with a fork or in a blender. Don't shred too fine..
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat oil on medium heat in large skillet. Add in onion, garlic, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook 1-2 mins.
- Add in chicken, rice, sour cream, 1 cup cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper. Stir to combine until cheese melts.
- Stir in tomato sauce if making red, or 2 cups of green sauce if making green and the salt stirring to combine..
- Roll mixture into tortillas and arrange in a baking dish. Cover with the remaining green sauce or red sauce. Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 20 mins.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce or diced tomatoes if desired.