Country style chicken with chili (murghir laal jhol).
You can have Country style chicken with chili (murghir laal jhol) using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Country style chicken with chili (murghir laal jhol)
- Prepare 500 gm of curry cut chicken (farm raised).
- It’s 4-5 of Kashmiri red chili.
- You need 5-6 of garlic pods.
- Prepare 1 of small bowl ginger (julienned).
- It’s 1 of small bowl plain yoghurt.
- You need 2 of onions (finely chopped).
- It’s 2 of potatoes (square cut) optional.
- You need of Spices:.
- It’s 2-3 of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 4-5 of cardamom.
- You need 6-7 of cloves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of shah-jeera.
- It’s 1 tbsp of methi (fenugreek) seed.
- It’s 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s of 2-3 tbsp turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mustard oil.
Country style chicken with chili (murghir laal jhol) step by step
- Apply turmeric and salt uniformly over chicken pieces. Keep the chillies soaked in hot water for about 10min.Put the chillies,ginger,garlic in blender and make a fine paste. Dry roast the whole spices.Grind the whole spices(cloves,cardamom,cinnamon,fenugreek,shah-jeera) and keep separately..
- Fry the onion and pour in the chili paste and stir well. Add in the chicken pieces and whisk together,cooking generously, while adding the yoghurt into it. Cover and cook till the spices blend well. Add hot water gradually and whole spices mix at the end. Simmer till chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve with rice/paratha..