Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto. Top each with a fillet of the fish, spooning the tomato, prawn and fresh herb dressing on top of each. Pan sear salmon and top with a pleasantly salty and spicy olive and tomato pesto. Top with additional fresh basil and serve with cooked pasta and pepperoncini peppers, if desired.
This Pan-Fried Salmon recipe from Food Network Kitchen is all about the method: Start with a hot skillet for crispy skin and to prevent sticking. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Place the salmon, skin-side up in the pan. You can have Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto
- It’s 2 of centre-cut salmon fillets, deboned and descaled.
- It’s of Large handful fresh basil leaves (about 28 g).
- Prepare 1 pkg (284 g) of miniature San Marzano tomatoes.
- You need 1 of large clove garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
Pan Fried Salmon with Pesto Dressed VegetablesSalu Salo Recipes. Generously season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Lay the salmon on the green beans, and spread on the pesto. Fold the parchment paper over the salmon, and cinch.
Pan-fried salmon with fresh tomato pesto step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Lay the salmon fillets in, skin-side down. Let fry for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on their thickness, then flip and fry for the same amount of time on the other side. While you're waiting to flip the salmon, whip up the sauce..
- Place the basil, tomatoes, garlic and pepper flakes in a food processor and blitz until it's a chunky liquid. Add a good pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper, as well as the olive oil. Blitz a few seconds more until the sauce thickens and emulsifies..
- Put a ladle full of sauce on a plate and lay the salmon on top, crispy skin up. The fish will warm up the sauce slightly. Serve additional sauce on the side (trust me, it'll be in demand)..
Pan fried salmon with tender asparagus and courgette. Pan fried salmon with tender asparagus and courgette served on a bed of couscous mixed through with a sweet tomato salsa. Heat a frying pan until hot and add the sea bass, skin-side down. For the tomato salsa, place the tomatoes into a bowl and add the lemon juice, sesame oil, Tabasco sauce and coriander leaves. Break an egg into each pizza.