Iced Pumpkin Cookies.
You can cook Iced Pumpkin Cookies using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Iced Pumpkin Cookies
- It’s 4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of Rolled Oats.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Vegetable shortening.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz.).
Iced Pumpkin Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt..
- In a large bowl, cream together the vegetable shortening and both sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat in the pumpkin. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients..
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets..
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until lightly colored. Transfer to wire racks to cool fully before icing (if desired)..
- To make the vanilla icing all I did was put a 1/2 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl with a tiny amount of vanilla and added a teaspoon or water at a time until the right consistency. If too watery add more powdered sugar, or more water if too thick.