Pumpkin spiced sugar cookies and royal icing. It is the best sugar cookie dough that you are going to find I promise! I have modified my basic sugar cookie recipe to incorporate the wonderful fall flavors of pumpkin spice. In this video I am going to make pumpkin spice roll out cookies and decorate simple pumpkins with royal icing.
The trick to making the decorative designs is to use Royal Icing. I was always kind of afraid to use this type of icing before. Decorate with royal icing, if desired. christmas sugar cookies. pumpkin baby shower cookies. working on today. first communion. You can have Pumpkin spiced sugar cookies and royal icing using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin spiced sugar cookies and royal icing
- It’s of For cookies.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of flour sifted.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of butter room temperature.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice flavoring.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need 1 of + tablespoons milk(as needed).
- Prepare of For royal icing.
- You need 3 tablespoons of meringue powder.
- It’s 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of water plus more for thinning.
Pipeline Classic Sugar Cookie with Vanilla Royal Icing. Royal Icing Cookies with SprinklesWho Needs A Cape. cookie, gel food coloring, sprinkles, sugar cookie, glaze. Easy Royal IcingAound My Family Table. Royal Icing PumpkinsCreated by Diane. french vanilla cake mix, pumpkin pie spice, water.
Pumpkin spiced sugar cookies and royal icing instructions
- Cream sugar and butter together. Once the sugar and butter are completely combined, add the remaining wet cookie ingredients..
- Sift all of the dry cookie ingredients together in a separate bowl. I suggest whisking the dry ingredients a few times just to be sure it is well combined..
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet. Once all of the ingredients are combined it should form a large ball of dough..
- Separate the dough into two balls. Wrap the dough balls in plastic wrap and let chill for 30 minutes to an hour..
- Once dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating. Roll out your dough and cut it into your desired shapes..
- Place your cutouts onto a parchment lined cookie sheet (you may also use a silicone mat instead of parchment paper).
- Bake your cookies for 7 to 9 minutes or until they just barely start to brown a the base of the cookie. Be extra careful not to overtake them or they may come out dry.
- Once you have baked your cookies, you may start to prepare your royal icing. Start by combining all of your ingredients into your mixing bowl..
- Give the icing a quick stir to combine just to save you the mess when you have to mix it.
- Use a stand mixer with the whisk attachment (or a hand mixer) to whip your icing until you get stiff peaks. This only takes a few minutes however it may take more with a hand mixer..
- Depending on how you want to decorate your cookies, you may need to thin your icing. Be extra careful not to over thin or the icing will flow off of the cookie..
- If you want to color your icing you may do so but be sure to use a gel paste color or an icing color so as to not alter the consistency of your icing..
- Let icing dry for 8 to 12 hours before handling the cookie..
These Chai Spiced Sugar Cookies are soft, chewy, and packed with cozy fall spices. This simple cookie recipe will become your favorite homemade treat! Where easy recipes and lifestyle collide. These pumpkin cookies are a little more cloud-like than your traditional chewy sugar cookie. Decorating cutout sugar cookies with royal icing has become super fun for me.