Jam cookies or Swedish cookies. Using your finger, make an indention in the center of each cookie. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets. These thin, crispy spice cookies are a Christmas tradition in Sweden.
These vegan thumbprint cookies, aka Swedish Sweethearts, are light and airy shortbread cookies filled with your favorite flavor of jam. A perfect tea cookie for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, wedding or baby showers, or just a casual Saturday afternoon! My Grandmother always made these at Christmas. You can have Jam cookies or Swedish cookies using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jam cookies or Swedish cookies
- You need 1 cup + 1.5 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of milk powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corn flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of jam (mixed fruit jam).
Cookies are the main item in Cookie Jam. These make up most of the game. Actually, “Swedish jam cookies” sounds too plain. The direct translation for hallongrottor would be “raspberry caves”.
Jam cookies or Swedish cookies step by step
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients and beat it till it gets fluffy.
- Mix everything.
- Roll the cookies and make thumb print.
- Add jam on top.
- Bake it at 160 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
That name sounds a bit more. evocative, no? In either case, this is bound to be a hit on any cookie tray. Vary the jam filling as you like—although raspberry is a firm favorite. Thumbprint cookies are one of those classic cookies that seem to make an appearance at any event regardless what the occasion is! I think it’s because they combine so many things people love: buttery cookies, nuts, and jam.