Filipino chicken adobo.
You can have Filipino chicken adobo using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Filipino chicken adobo
- It’s Half of a chicken, cut into 4 parts.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- It’s 100 ml of Cane vinegar.
- It’s 100 ml of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 pc of leaf bay.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of small shallot.
- You need 80 g of white scallion.
- Prepare 10 g of ginger.
- It’s 5 pc of chilli labuyo.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of achiote seeds.
- You need 125 ml of canola oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
Filipino chicken adobo instructions
- Marinate chicken in 80ml soy sauce, 80ml vinegar, 80ml water and 1tbsp cumin powder. Best to marinate over night..
- Coarsely chop garlic and onion..
- In a pan, add achiote oil and sauté garlic and onion until translucent..
- Add in the chicken from the marinade and sear until it starts to brown..
- Add in the marinade and simmer for 30 mins..
- While simmering prepare palapa condiment. In a mortar and pestle – grind chopped chillis, ginger, white scallion and grated coconut..
- Sauté for 30 seconds just until aroma comes out. Set aside.
- To make the fried garlic, mince garlic and fry on achiote oil until browned and crispy. Set aside..
- To make achiote oil, in a sauce pan mix together 125ml oil, 1 clove garlic and 3tbsp achiote seeds. Cook in a slow fire until oil turns red and aroma comes out..
- Once adobo liquid has thickened, add in 20ml soy sauce and 20ml vinegar and simmer a little bit more until desired consistency..
- Plate and garnish with fried garlic and palapa. Finish by dripping in achiote oil..