Chicken in Coconut Water.
You can have Chicken in Coconut Water using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken in Coconut Water
- You need 10 pcs of chicken (with bones), small cuts.
- It’s 5 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 5 tsp of minced shallot.
- It’s 600 ml of coconut water + 200 ml water.
- You need 4-5 tbsp of brown sugar (to taste).
- It’s 4-5 tbsp of sweet soy sauce (to taste).
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 slice of galangal (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of chicken powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (to taste).
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s of Serving.
- Prepare 1 cup of steamed white rice.
- Prepare of Fried tofu.
- It’s of Rice crackers.
Chicken in Coconut Water step by step
- Rinse the chicken, set aside..
- Put the oil in a pan with medium heat, add garlic and shallots. Stir for a few seconds. Add chicken. Stir fry until the chicken is no longer pink..
- Pour the coconut water mix, add brown sugar, sweet soy sauce, bay leaf and galangal. Add salt and chicken powder. Stir to half boiled..
- Cover the pan and simmer in low heat until the liquid is absorbed..
- Uncover the pan. Let it cool, drain and place the chicken on sealed boxes. You can put it on the fridge for up to one week..
- To serve: reheat the chicken, 2 pcs each time, with medium heat on an oiled pan. Serve warm with steamed white rice, fried tofu, and rice crackers..