Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Tacos.
You can have Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Tacos using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Tacos
- Prepare 1 Lb of Ground Chicken.
- Prepare 1 of Small Onion, minced.
- Prepare 1 of Red Bell Pepper, minced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 Head of Boston Lettuce.
- It’s 8 of Flour or Corn Tortillas.
- You need of Green Onion (for garnish).
- Prepare of Teriyaki sauce.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Low Sodium Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar (any vinegar will work).
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Fresh Ginger, finely minced.
- You need 4 Tsp of Garlic, finely minced.
- You need 3 Tsp of Sesame oil (or olive oil).
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Cornstarch (or flour).
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Sesame Seeds.
- Prepare of Sriracha Aioli.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Sriracha sauce (or other hot sauce).
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Tacos step by step
- Make the teriyaki sauce. In a medium saucepan heat bring to boil the sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil..
- Once it is boiling, bring down the heat to simmer and add the cornstarch and water. Cook until it thickens, stirring often. About 4-5 minutes. Stir in the sesame seeds..
- Make the tacos. In a pan over medium heat drizzle a little olive oil and cook the chicken, onion, and the red bell pepper until the chicken is cooked through. About 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for additional 3 – 4 minutes..
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the teriyaki sauce 1/4 cup at a time so you can control the flavor. Keep adding until everything is coated..
- Meanwhile make the sriracha aioli. In a small bowl combine the sour cream and sriracha. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp water at a time and whisk well until it reaches drizzling consistency..
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds. Arrange the lettuce on top of the tortillas, then the chicken, and top with green onion and sriracha aioli. Enjoy!.