After creating and falling in love with Wendy’s Apple Pecan Chicken Salad, I decided to try something else. This time, I chose Wendy’s Apple Pecan Chicken Salad. This is what was explained on their website: The perfect mix of peak-season red and green apples, real blue cheese crumbs, sweet cranberries, and roasted hotcakes, and topped with warm roasted chicken breast. They use vinaigrette sauce, but I don’t care so I choose anything useful in my fridge.
My Wendy’s Pecan Salad Chicken Vegetable Recipe is a mixture of red and green apples, blue cheese, dried
cranberries, roasted pecans, and topped with warm roasted chicken breast. Even though I like Wendy’s Pecan Chicken Salad, it’s not my favorite. I think it’s a red apple. I really like green apples, but red apples don’t have nearly the same rank on my list. Yellow apple isn’t even on the list!
Will I make my Wendy Chicken Pecan Chicken Salad Mimic Recipe again? Maybe, but I might not buy it in a restaurant anymore. I’m more savory than a sweet eater, so I think that’s why Wendy’s Pecan Apples Chicken Salad doesn’t float my boat like Wendy’s Strawberry Fields Chicken Salad does.
Have you tried it? What do you like? Tell me what you like better than one.Print
Apple Pecan Chicken Salad is a mix of red and green apples, blue cheese , dried cranberries, roasted pecans, and topped with a warm, grilled chicken breast.
- 2 large or 3 small Chicken Breasts
- Red Apple
- Green Apple
- Lemon Pepper (to taste)
- Olive Oil
- Mixed Salad Greens
- Fresh Spinach
- 3 oz. Blue Cheese
- 2–3 Tbs Roasted Pecans
- Generously seasons all chicken breasts with lemon pepper. Coat with olive oil. Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*. Preheat a well-seasoned , cast iron grill pan while the oven is heating.
- Place chicken on grill pan or other cookware to bake. Bake until golden on the outside and no longer pink on the inside.
- The pecans can be roasted in the oven while the chicken cooks. Just make a foil pouch to heat them in. It should only take 5-8 minutes to roast the pecans. Sometimes I even use the warming “burner” on my stovetop to roast seeds and nuts using foil pouches.Foil Packet
- While the chicken is cooking, core, slice, and cube the apples. Prep the salad greens, and gather the other ingredients.Cored and Sliced Apple
- Cut the chicken into bite-size cubes.
- Layering the Salad:
- Salad Greens and Spinach go in the bowl first.
- Chicken goes on next.
- Spread out the red and green apples, about ½ of each color per salad..
- Fill in gaps with the roasted pecans.
- Sprinkle on the blue cheese and dried cranberries.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American