Sweet, tangy, crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad is a great side dish for summer potlucks, barbecues, or to serve with your dinner any day of the week.
I served this salad with Balsamic Dijon Glazed Ham, Rosemary Potatoes, and Glazed Carrots for Easter dinner this year and it was a huge hit.
If you’ve been hanging out here with me for long, you’ve probably noticed that there aren’t very many recipes that I claim might be the best you’ll ever taste.
I tend to save the word “best” for the things that are beyond any shadow of a doubt the best I’ve ever had or hope to have again.Print
The Best Ramen Noodle Salad
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 lbs Napa cabbage, about 8–10 cups shredded
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup plain white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 ounce package ramen noodles, seasoning packet removed
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced thin, about 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup light flavored olive oil
- To make the dressing: Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce in a medium saucepan.
- Stir and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat after boiling. Let the dressing cool completely before pouring it over the salad.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. While the butter is melting, crush the ramen noodles while still inside the package. Remove the seasoning packet and throw away (or set aside for later use). Add the noodles, almonds, and sesame seeds to the melted butter in the skillet.
- Saute while stirring frequently, until the noodle mixture is golden brown. Remove to a plate and let cool.
- Shred the cabbage and combine the cabbage and onions in a large mixing bowl. Add the noodle mixture. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: american
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 383mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
Keywords: ramen noodle salad