Our Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting is an old family recipe that only gets better with age (and they taste just like pumpkin pie!)
- 1/2 Cup Butter (Sweet Cream Salted)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ginger
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans (optional)
- The Best Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cookie Sheets
- Parchment Paper
PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES:
- In a mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and pumpkin and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices together and fold into cookie batter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Drop a spoonful of the cookie batter onto a cookie sheet and flatten slightly with a spoon.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Frost with The Best Cream Cheese Frosting or Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the frosting.