Let me give you the perfect summer meal, a bowl of balsamic chicken! Hardly any setting time, just too much flavor! The added benefit is how healthy your family is.
I have been looking for recipes that don’t take much time but please my family which is a good deal. Who wants to go to the hot kitchen in summer?
There’s picky in my family and it’s hard for her to eat anything different from tuna, steaks and hamburgers, but she actually likes this!Print
Sweet Balsamic chicken and veggies made in one pan. A little bit of marinating time and then ten minute prep and twenty minute cooking time
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing (fat free is great)
- 6 tablespoons basalmic vinegar
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.25 pounds chicken tenders (or breasts)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large tray with nonstick spray (line with parchment paper if you tray isn’t already nonstick or the balsamic + Italian mixture will stick to it) and set aside.
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar and zesty Italian dressing.
- Trim the tenderloins of fat and undesired parts. Alternatively cut the breasts into small 1/4th-1/2th inch thick pieces (resemble the size of the tenders in the picture/video)
- Place 1/3 cup of the balsamic + Italian mixture in a large bag and add the chicken tenders. Coat and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- Chop the broccoli into small pieces. Slice the baby carrots in half.
- Place broccoli + carrots on the prepared tray with the cherry tomatoes (like your tomatoes LESS roasted? Toss in after 5-10 minutes of the broccoli and carrots being cooked. Otherwise they are ultra tender!), Italian seasoning, olive oil, garlic powder, and add some seasoned salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast the veggies for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip around. Section the veggies to each side of the tray (see video) and place the chicken tenders (discard marinade) in the center. Brush 1/3 cup of the balsamic + Italian mixture over the chicken.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 7-15 minutes depending on the size of your chicken. Be careful to monitor the chicken so you don’t overcook it.**The cooking time will largely vary based on the size of your chicken. See the last paragraph of text for more direction on how to cook this meal so everything is done at the same time.**
- Serve the chicken and veggies with the remaining Balsamic + Italian mixture. Top with freshly chopped parsley if desired.
- Great served over rice or quinoa!
- Total time does not include marinating time.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 591 kcal
- Sugar: 8.1g
- Sodium: 766.2mg
- Fat: 33.7g
- Carbohydrates: 45.8g
- Fiber: 10.9g
- Protein: 30.1g
- Cholesterol: 58.1mg