Instant Pot garlic, chicken, parmesan and creamy, rich and comfortable food with large chunks of white chicken. This is by far my favorite instant chicken meal.
This creamy chicken and rice are full of flavor. Complement garlic and parmesan cheese in this quick-cooked chicken recipe.
If you are looking for a quick instant recipe for chicken and rice recipe, then you need to try this fast-cooked meat, garlic, Parma chicken and rice!Print
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of chicken condensed soup
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or colby jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks and softened
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Turn Instant Pot to “Saute” mode. Add butter. When melted add chicken and onion and cook until most of the pink in the chicken is gone.
- Add water, heavy cream and chicken soup. Stir.
- Add rice, sprinkling it in so that it is evenly distributed. Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Do not stir.
- Place lid on. Make sure valve is in “sealing” position. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Manually release pressure.
- Once the pin drops, remove lid and stir in cream cheese. Stir in Parmesan cheese, cheddar, and parsley. Place lid back on for a few minutes to melt cheese. Stir and serve. It will thicken up as it cools.
Note: Cooking time does not include time for Instant Pot to pressurize. This usually takes about 10 minutes but can vary.
- Category: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Rice