Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto. Kimberley Hasselbrink’s eye-catching bahn mi from her new cookbook, Vibrant Food is super-appealing: she uses fish-sauce-marinated salmon Why I picked this recipe: It was about time I made my own darn banh mi, and using salmon sounded like a clever twist. What worked: This is just an. We bring you Fish Recipes like no other, much like this Salmon dish.
The broth recipe used as a base for my Salmon pho is a simplified version of this one, so I’ll leave it up to you to choose which one to follow, they’re very similar in terms of flavour. The glazed on this salmon is fantastic – and so quick to make. Super fast to make, it takes longer to cook the rice than this EASY Asian Salmon! You can cook Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto using 35 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto
- Prepare 2-5 oz of Salmon Steaks.
- It’s 1 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Grated Ginger.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Garlic Paste.
- You need 2 of Green Onions, Chopped.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Fish Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Honey.
- You need 6 Sprigs of Cilantro, with Stem.
- It’s of Vegetarian Pho Broth.
- You need 8 Cups of Water.
- Prepare 2 of Whole Onions, Cut in Half.
- You need 1 of Large Carrot, Split.
- It’s 2 Stalks of Celery, Split.
- It’s 6 of Dried Shiitake Mushrooms.
- You need 1 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Thumb of Ginger.
- Prepare 5 of Gloves Garlic, Smashed.
- It’s 2 of Star Anise.
- You need 2 of Cloves.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
- It’s of Pickled Carrot and Daikon.
- It’s 1 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Carrot, Shredded.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Daikon, Shredded.
- Prepare 2 of Ice Cubes.
- You need of Risotto.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Arborio Rice.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Frozen Peas.
- It’s 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Butter.
This vegetarian version of a Vietnamese banh mi sandwich is made with marinated tofu, baguette, pickled veggies, and cilantro. When I lived in Austin, I got a tofu banh mi sandwich from two different Vietnamese restaurants as often as I could. Stuffed with sweet and tangy pickles, herbs, creamy. Inspired by a risotto from London restaurant Ooze, smoked salmon may sound expensive for a midweek meal, but is no more costly than cooking with red meat.
Bahn-Mi Glazed Salmon with Pho Broth Risotto step by step
- In large pot, over medium heat, toast cinnamon, clove, and anise until fragrant. Remove spices, add small amount of oil, and place onions split side down until blackened. Add in water, spices, carrot, celery, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms. Heat to a boil, then turn down and simmer for 3 hours. Add soy sauce, simmer for 1 additional hour. Remove from heat, and strain. Pull out mushrooms, and set aside for risotto..
- In a blender or immersion blender cup, add all ingredients for bahn-mi marinade. Blend until all ingredients fully incorporated. Set aside and let mellow..
- In a small sauce pan, bring vinegar, water, sugar, and salt to boil. Remove from heat, and add carrot and daikon. Add an ice cube or 2, so they don’t become mushy..
- Set sautée pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp butter, and after foaming stops add arborio rice. Toast, stirring occasionally until smelling nutty and around half the rice is lightly browned. Add in garlic and sautée until fragrant. Thinly slice mushrooms, and add with frozen peas. Add 1½ cups of pho broth, bring to a simmer, lower heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes, and remove from heat, leaving covered. After 8 minutes, mount with 1 tbsp butter, stir, and cover..
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle olive oil over salmon and sprinkle with salt. When pan starts to smoke, place salmon flesh side down. Let sear for 4 minutes. Flip, and brush with bahm-mi glaze. Cook 2 minutes on skin side, and flip back to flesh side to glaze. Remove from pan, and brush with more glaze..
- Mold risotto into measuring cup, and smack onto plate. Press down slightly to compact and lower. Place salmon on top. Grab a good pinch of pickled veg, and place on top of salmon. Garnish with washed, picked cilantro leaves..
Come to Pho & Banh Mi in Palo Alto for delicious Vietnamese cuisine! Line a half sheet pan with aluminum foil and place the salmon on the pan. During the long cooking of a traditional pot of pho, if there’s prolonged vigorous boiling, the impurities get suspended into the broth, which then makes the pho broth very cloudy and taste slightly off, sometimes a bit dirty. Honey Glazed Salmon Recipe with the addition of apple cider for a delicious caramelized flavor. Salmon fillets are cooked in a honey and apple cider glaze Salmon fillets are cooked in a honey and apple cider glaze on stovetop, then served over fresh wilted spinach.