Roast chicken with lingonberry mint sauce.
You can cook Roast chicken with lingonberry mint sauce using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roast chicken with lingonberry mint sauce
- You need 1 of whole roasting chicken, about 1 1/2 kg.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of lingonberry jam (Ikea calls it a spread).
- You need 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 of shallot, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh mint, finely chopped.
Roast chicken with lingonberry mint sauce step by step
- A day in advance, pat the chicken dry and season it liberally with salt. Don't forget to season inside the cavity. Leave the bird uncovered overnight in the fridge, someplace it can't be disturbed. This will dry out the skin while simultaneously moistening the meat..
- Pull the chicken from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking so it can come up to room temperature. Combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper with a few tbsp veg oil until it forms a runny paste. Rub or brush the spice paste all over the chicken..
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. When ready, put the chicken on a baking tray with a rack and roast for 1 1/2 hrs, or until the thickest part of the bird reads 165 F. Let the chicken rest for at least 15 minutes before carving..
- Prep the sauce by melting the lingonberry jam in a small saucepot over medium-low heat. Add the vinegar, shallot, pepper flakes, a good pinch of salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Let cook for 2 minutes. Finish by stirring in the fresh mint and a couple of tbsp water to loosen it. Serve warm with the chicken..