You can have Herb-roasted chicken using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Herb-roasted chicken
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 of whole chicken (4/12 -5 lbs).
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 6 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- It’s 2 springs of fresh rosemary.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- You need 4 tbsp of if butter.
- Prepare bowl of Small prep.
- You need spoons of Measuring.
- It’s 9 of x 13 baking pan.
- You need of Paper towels.
- It’s of Cutting board.
- It’s of Knife.
- You need bowl of Small microwave safe.
- You need of Meat thermometer.
Herb-roasted chicken step by step
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Add salt and pepper to small bowl.
- Set chicken in baking pan breast side up. Remove giblets form center cavity. Pat dry with paper towels..
- Sprinkle 1\3 of salt and pepper mixture the central cavity. Sprinkle the rest over breasts,legs, Wings,and thighs.
- Smash and peel. Insert whole cloves inside of chicken.
- Insert thyme and Rosemary springs inside chicken.
- Cut onion in half and peel. Cut away ends and cut into large 1-inch pieces. Arrange around chicken.
- Cut ends away form carrots. Cut into 1-inch rounds. Arrange around chicken..
- Heat butter in microwave safe bowl until melted, 30-60 seconds..
- Drizzle butter over chicken and vegetables..
- Roast chicken 60-80 minutes, until it reaches 165 Fahrenheit on meat thermometer.
- Rest chicken 15 min. Slice to serve. And enjoy!!.