You can have Pumpkin Snickerdoodles using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- It’s 3 3/4 Cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 Teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of cinnamon , ground.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of nutmeg , ground.
- It’s 1 Cup of butter , unsalted.
- Prepare 1 Cup of sugar granulated.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of brown sugar light.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of pumpkin puree.
- Prepare 1 of egg (large).
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of sugar granulated.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon , ground.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of ginger , ground.
- Prepare 1 Pinch of allspice.
Pumpkin Snickerdoodles instructions
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk to blend and set aside..
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.Blend in the pumpkin puree.Beat in the egg and vanilla until incorporated.With the mixer on low speed add in the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated..
- Cover and chill the dough for at least 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper..
- Combine the sugar and spices for the coating in a bowl and mix to blend..
- Scoop the dough (about 1-2 tablespoons) and roll into a ball. Coat the dough ball in the sugar-spice mixture and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough to fill the sheets, spacing the dough balls 2-3 inches apart..
- Dip the bottom of a flat, heavy-bottomed drinking glass in water, then in the sugar-spice mixture, and use the bottom to flatten the dough balls slightly. Recoat the bottom of the glass in the sugar-spice mixture as needed..
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until just set and baked through. Let cool on the baking sheets about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..