Potato pancakes with smoked salmon. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking. Top each pancake with a dollop of the crème fraîche and a few slivers of salmon. Arrange on a serving platter, sprinkle with the chives and serve immediately.
Potato blinis topped with smoked salmon, homemade horseradish cream. For the potato pancakes, fill a pan with boiling salted water. Add the potatoes and cook until soft. You can have Potato pancakes with smoked salmon using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- Prepare 1 lb of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a beaten egg.
- You need 1 tbs of flour.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Frying oil.
- You need of Smoked salmon.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Capers.
- You need of Fresh dill.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
Drain well and return to pan, add milk and mash well. Prepare potato pancake mix according to box instructions. Add parsley, salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to dry.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon step by step
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..
When slightly cooled, spread sour cream on top, sprinkle red onion and lay the smoked salmon. Ideal brunch recipe with potato pancakes and smoked salmon and caviar. Continue with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as necessary. Flavorful, oily smoked fish seasons the potatoes without the need for a lot of extra salt, fat or dairy, resulting in cakes that feel creamy and moist yet In this ode to my first korokke, a couple tablespoons of mayonnaise, a little lemon juice and pepper, and half a cup of chopped smoked salmon flavor and. Everybody's favourite, smoked salmon, with soft ricotta on mini potato pancakes.