Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup.
You can have Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup using 35 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup
- It’s 6 of chicken thighs.
- You need 1.5 quarts of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Sriracha.
- Prepare of For the Oil.
- It’s of Peanut oil.
- Prepare A few of sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- You need of Some fresh sage.
- Prepare of Some fresh thyme.
- You need 1 of small head of garlic.
- You need of For the Dredge.
- Prepare 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of paprika.
- You need 2 Tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 Tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 4 tsp of light brown sugar.
- You need of For the Maple Bourbon Syrup.
- You need 2 oz of bourbon.
- Prepare 8 oz of maple syrup.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of For the Waffles.
- Prepare 2 cups of whole milk.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 3 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, whites and yolks separated.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Eric's Chicken and Waffles with Maple Bourbon Syrup instructions
- Mix 1 quart of buttermilk and sriracha in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat the pieces. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours. I prefer to do it the evening prior and just leave them in overnight..
- Mix everything for the dredge together in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, and divide into 2 separate containers. You'll be doing a dry wet dry dredge prior to frying. Place the other half quart of buttermilk into a container as well..
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and remove the pieces from the buttermilk mixture, placing them in a colander to drain off the excess liquid..
- Taking each piece of chicken, dredge them in one container of flour, pat off the excess, then dip them into the new buttermilk, drip off the excess, then dredge in the second flour container. Pat off the excess again and set aside..
- The size of the pot you use to fry will determine how much oil you use. I use a large spaghetti pot and put a few inches of oil into it, careful stay below filling it halfway. Toss in the oil additives and turn the heat on med high, getting the temperature to 350-360 degrees. The herbs and garlic will add flavor to the oil as it heats up..
- Add the chicken pieces a few at a time. Do not overcrowd the pot as the temperature will drop. Cook thoroughly for about 20 minutes, rotating the pieces every few minutes until the chicken is golden brown. Move the finished chicken to a rack to drip and rest for 10 minutes.
- FOR THE SYRUP: Mix the bourbon and maple syrup in a small saucepan and set to med high heat to cook off the alcohol. This should take about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter until everything is combined. Set aside until warm or cool..
- FOR THE WAFFLES: Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl..
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff..
- Mix the yolks, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract in another bowl and then combine that with the flour mixture..
- Fold the egg whites into the yolk and flour mixture. Once combined, cook them in the waffle iron of your choice..