You can have Oatmeal Cookies using 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Cookies
- You need 1 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 cup of wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 cups of rolled oats.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
- You need 1 cup of dried cherries.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of candied ginger, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- You need 1-1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of cardamom.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pumpkin spice.
- It’s of Tools.
- Prepare of convection oven.
- Prepare of parchment paper.
- Prepare of cooling-racks.
- It’s 2 of large cookie sheets.
- It’s of medium cookie scoop, 5cm (2TBS).
- Prepare of whisk.
- Prepare of rubber spatula.
Oatmeal Cookies step by step
- Preheat convection oven to 325 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets and place parchment paper..
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flours, spices, salt and baking soda. Stir flour mixture into the creamed butter mixture slowly, adding half of the dry ingredients until nearly integrated. Add the second half of the the dry ingredients until fully incorperated..
- Mix in the oats one cup at a time. Mix in the chocolate chips, dried fruit and pecans one ingredient at a time..
- Using a medium cookie scoop, keep the dough in rounded shape. Gently press slightly flat, if a crispier cookie is desired. You can place two cookies sheets at a time on the middle rack. The cookies do not spred much, so approx 8 cookies can be baked at a time..
- Bake for 10 minutes. Take cookie sheets out of the oven and place on the cooling racks. Let the cookies sit on the sheets for 5 minutes, before transfering the cookies directly to the cooling racks..
- Let cookies cool completely and then enjoy!.