Caramel Frosted Pumpkin Cookies. Soft and fluffy pumpkin cookies with a delicious homemade caramel frosting. Little pumpkin cakes with creamy caramel frosting. And these cookies are so moist, I've left them out on the counter overnight and they were still fantastic the next day.
These soft pumpkin cookies are one of my favorite cookie recipes from The I Heart Naptime Cookbook! Whenever I take them anywhere, my friends are always asking for the recipe. I just can't even describe the amazing flavor that the caramel frosting adds. You can cook Caramel Frosted Pumpkin Cookies using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramel Frosted Pumpkin Cookies
- It’s 2 cups of sifted flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of shortening.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of pumpkin (canned).
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts (optional – I don't like nuts so I skip this).
- It’s 1 cup of chopped raisins (I don't think we actually ever chop them though).
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN COOKIES WITH CARAMEL FROSTING Looking for an easy fall recipe, look no further these pumpkin cookies with caramel frosting are the best. Soft and fluffy with a delicious light caramel frosting, these frosted pumpkin cookies are a perfect Fall treat! You can never have enough pumpkin recipes! These Pumpkin Cookies top the charts with their delicious caramel frosting!
Caramel Frosted Pumpkin Cookies step by step
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Stir in pumpkin and egg.
- Add dry ingredients, rasins, nuts, and vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoons on lightly greased baking sheet (or silicon mat or parchment paper) and bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool and frost with caramel frosting. Makes 6 dozen..
- Frosting instructions: 3 Tbsp butter 4 Tbsp milk 1/2 cup brown sugar 1 cup sifted 10x sugar 3/4 tsp vanilla Combine butter, milk, and brown sugar in sauce pan. Boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool and stir in powdered sugar and vanilla, beating until smooth and creamy..
In case our list of delicious pumpkin recipes wasn't enough for you, here is one more amazing recipe! This recipe was really easy to follow. On to the cookies of the day: quite simply, these little beauties are a classically delicious, fluffy pumpkin cookie made even more delectable by a smear of creamy caramel frosting. Not that any of us need any additional sugar at the midpoint of Halloween week. Frost quickly as it becomes firm quickly.