Crispy fried chicken.
You can have Crispy fried chicken using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy fried chicken
- You need 4 pound of chicken (cut into 8 pieces with the backbone discarded).
- Prepare 2 cups of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of coarse ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of hot sauce optional.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need of canola oil for frying.
Crispy fried chicken step by step
- Mix the chicken pieces, buttermilk, salt, pepper and hot sauce in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least four hours..
- Mix the paprika with the flour in a medium bowl with a baking sheet set up next to it..
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, then add each chicken piece to the flour, coating well, then place onto the baking sheet and let sit for at least 30 minutes (the flour will become paste-like)..
- Add a large dutch oven 1/2 full with canola oil heated to 365 degrees and fry in batches (do not crowd the pan) of 4 pieces, cooking for 10-12 minutes (check for 165 degrees and that the chicken is cooked through)..