Chicken And Waffles.
You can cook Chicken And Waffles using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken And Waffles
- Prepare of Chicken Brine.
- It’s 2-3 lbs of Boneless Chicken Breasts or Thighs.
- You need 2 Cups of Whole Milk or Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Hot Sauce or Chili Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s of Chicken Breading.
- You need 2 1/2 Cups of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Cornstarch.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 Tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 2 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 2 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need of Waffles.
- Prepare 2 Cups of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of Milk.
- Prepare 8 Tablespoons of Salted Butter (One Stick) Melted.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 4 of Eggs (4 Egg Whites, 2 Yolks) Separated.
Chicken And Waffles instructions
- Cut Chicken Breasts into @ 2" Pieces. Mix all Brine Ingredients in a bowl. Place Chicken pieces in Brine. Make sure all Chicken is covered in Brine, cover and Refrigerate for at least 2 Hours to Overnight..
- Mix all Chicken Breading Ingredients in a Mixing Bowl. Set aside..
- In a Large Mixing Bowl, add all Dry Waffle Ingredients. Melt Butter, then set aside to cool. In a Small Mixing Bowl, Crack all 4 Eggs over an Egg Separator, Leaving just the Whites. Place Yolks in a Separate Bowl. Whisk Egg Whites until stiff peaks are formed. In a Large Measuring Cup or Bowl, Add Milk, Vanilla, 2 Egg Yolks, and Cooled Melted Butter. Add this Liquid To the Dry Waffle Mix and stir until mostly combined. Fold in Egg Whites. Set aside..
- Heat Cooking Oil in a Large Cast Iron Skillet over Medium to Medium High Heat. Oil should be about 1" high and reach between 350° – 375°. Set up a dredging station. Pour a decent amount of the Dry Chicken Breading Mix onto a plate or in shallow bowl. Dredge each piece of Chicken in the Breading Mix, and set on a plate to rest for 5 Minutes. Dredge in the Mix again..
- Fry Chicken in small batches for about 7-8 Minutes, turning half way through. Don't overcrowd pan. Place cooked Chicken onto a wire cooling rack/sheet pan. Place in a low oven to keep warm..
- Heat Waffle Maker and cook Waffles. Top Waffles with Chicken and toppings or sauce of choice. A spicy honey butter sauce is often customary, and I might post a separate recipe for that one, at some point. Maple syrup or honey is fabulous too. Enjoy!.