Chicken and mushroom pie. This comforting, creamy chicken pie uses ready-made pastry for a quick and easy mid-week meal. Stir in the chopped parsley and pour the sauce over the chicken and mushroom mixture. Mix well, then spoon into a pie dish and leave until completely cool.
This easy chicken pie recipe is dead simple and can be knocked up in no time at all. Perfect with greens and mash, it's a great winter warmer. My chicken and mushroom pie is proper comfort food. You can cook Chicken and mushroom pie using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and mushroom pie
- Prepare 4 of x chicken breasts.
- You need 2 of x cans of mushroom soup.
- It’s 2 punnet of mushrooms.
- It’s 8 of small cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare Bunch of spring onions.
- You need Half of an onion.
- Prepare 2 of x cloves of garlic.
- It’s of Loads of black pepper.
- You need Pinch of garlic salt.
Encased in buttery puff pastry, and made extra special with a sprinkling of bacon, it's a family mealtime Stir in a squeeze of lemon juice to balance the flavours, and spoon the chicken mixture out into the baked pie shell. Chicken and mushroom pie is a common British pie, ranked as one of the most popular types of savoury pie in Great Britain and often served in fish and chips restaurants. The outside is usually a full top and bottom crust. Chicken and mushroom pie is a classic British dish and a firm family favourite.
Chicken and mushroom pie step by step
- Cook up the 4 chicken breasts in a deep pan then flake it all up. Add seasoning while cooking to taste.
- Roughly cut up the mushrooms, onion, spring onions. Crush the garlic and cook through. Add pepper to taste… loads of it 😁 Threw in some broccoli for good measure.
- Add 2 tins on mushroom soup and mix it all up..
- Right… now I'm in new territory… puff pastry. Used frozen sheets… defrost and roll out to cover the required dish. Had to improvise as I don't own a rolling pin 😉.
- Added a few additional bits of pastry… then glazed with some egg… again, had to use a paint brush… as you do! 😁.
- Pop in a preheated oven on medium high for 35 mins… but keep an eye on it.
- Pull out half way through cooking and spin the dish around.
- Pull out, let the pie settle… then enjoy 😉.
We've added a decadent twist to our version, by adding double cream, white wine and thyme. Although I have adapted and changed it over the years, I'm still using the same basic method. Looking back at it today I noticed the recipe was. Basically, a chicken and mushroom pie can be made in a variety of ways, but in general, chicken meat – breast and meat from the legs and thighs, which will provide more flavour – is added to fried mushroom, onion and garlic and a roux made from chicken stock and milk or cream. This Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pie is an absolute British Classic!