Teriyaki Chicken Lumpia.
You can have Teriyaki Chicken Lumpia using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken Lumpia
- It’s 1 lb of ground boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely shredded carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of finely shredded green cabbage.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of minced yellow onion.
- It’s 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 2 tbsp of sesame seed teriyaki sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 30 of wrappers.
Teriyaki Chicken Lumpia step by step
- Over medium heat, cook the chicken until done. Stir in sesame seed teriyaki sauce, garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper. Break up any large chunks. Taste a sample. If additional salt or pepper is needed, now is the time to add it. Drain meat and set aside to cool. (I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast as thighs will retain more moisture.).
- Keeping the remaining liquids, heat onions, garlic, and carrots until onions begin to caramelize and carrots soften. Drain off any remaining liquid..
- Turn off heat, add back chicken and add cabbage. Mix together using residual heat for two minutes. Remove mixture and set aside to further cool..
- Roll cooled mixture into 1/2 rolls using wax paper, piping bag, or sausage stuffer. Cut into 3 to 4 inch lengths, then wrap with spring roll or lumpia wrappers..
- Traditionally, lumpia are fried in vegetable oil until all sides are golden brown. I personally have problems with deep fried foods, so instead I put them in a convection toaster oven for 5 to 7 minutes. For this variation, serve with more of the sesame seed teriyaki sauce..