This Best-Ever Chicken Salad is really wonderful. Perfect for incredible chicken salad sandwiches (croissants are great!), or ton top of a lovely bed of green. Either way, you’re just going to love this Best-Ever Chicken Salad!
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tsp Kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon, then add more, to taste)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lbs chicken parts (bone-in, skin-on thighs and breasts work well) (You’ll need about 4 cups)
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved (red and green varieties are great)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Rub the olive oil all over the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165°F using an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let cool. Remove the skin then pull the meat from the bones and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, scallions, dll, & parsley.
- In a small-medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the mayo/mustard mixture to the chicken mixture and gently stir until well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve on a bed of greens with sliced tomatoes and avocado. Or, serve on bread with green leaf lettuce. Add more toppings to your taste!
- You can prepare the chicken up to two days in advance. The dressing can be made 1 or 2 days in advance. Assemble all ingredients day of serving. We feel for best flavor, place assemble salad in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (or overnight), and then set out one hour before serving.
- The salad is best served fresh, but can be frozen. Simply let thaw and then come to room temp. To freshen the salad up, make a small batch of the dressing and stir in before serving.
- We love serving this salad in croissants, although its so delicious, it’s delicious (and beautiful) over a bed of lettuce.
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 368 kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 392mg
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
Keywords: chicken salad, easy chicken salad, homemade mayonnaise, Roasted Chicken