- Large Baking Tray
- Sharp Knife & Chopping Board
- Small Pot/Ramekin (for seasoning mix)
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Pot & Colander (for par-boiling wedges)
- Fine Cheese Grater
Ingredients (check list):
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper, or more for spicier wedges!
- 4 medium sized White Potatoes (Russets or Maris Pipers work great)
- 1 heaped tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 heaped tsp Paprika
- 1/2 cup / 40g freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme (can sub Oregano)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt, plus extra to serve & par-boil (to taste)
- Slice your potatoes into 8 equal wedge shapes. I find this easiest by slicing in half, place flat side down and slice those in half, then flip again and slice in half again.
- Pop in a pot of cold water with a good pinch of salt and bring to boil for 3-4 minutes. You should only just be able to slice with a knife.
- Drain and give them a shake in the colander to rough the edges (optional). Sit and rest to steam for at least 5 minutes. The longer the better (the more steam that escapes the fluffier the inside and crispier the outside).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl/ramekin combine 2 tbsp Olive Oil, 1 heaped tsp Paprika & Garlic
- Powder, 1/2 tsp Thyme & Salt, 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (or to taste) and 1/8th tsp Black Pepper and preheat the oven to 200C/390F.
- Combine your wedges with the oil seasoning, mix to fully coat, then pour in 1/2cup/40g freshly grated Parmesan and mix again.
- Spray or lightly oil an oven tray and evenly space out your wedges. Use 2 trays if you have to.
- Spacing out is important so they don’t steam on each other and room room to crisp up!
- Bake for 25-30mins or until golden brown on the outside. Flip once after 15 mins. Timings will vary depending on your oven/size of wedges so just be vigilant after flipping.
- Enjoy hot with an extra pinch of salt and your favourite dip!
- Category: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.08g
- Carbohydrates: 60.1g
- Fiber: 9.2g
- Protein: 8.8g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
Keywords: Potatos wedges, baked potato, Baked Potato Wedges Recipe, baked potato wedges red potatoes