Basic Crepes, not dessert. This basic crepe recipe is easy to make for either sweet or savory fillings. Enjoy these light and buttery treats for breakfast, dinner, or dessert. Whether you are planning a brunch, light dinner, or dessert, crepes are an easy and versatile choice.
These dainty sweet crepes await your favorite dessert fillings, be they as simple as jam or ice cream, or as complicated as Cherries Jubilee. These basic crêpes, made from butter, flour, milk, eggs, and salt, are easy as can be and can be folded any which way with a little practice. This deceptively named basic crêpes recipe works for any crêpes incarnation, savory and sweet, and turns out something that tastes anything but basic. You can have Basic Crepes, not dessert using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic Crepes, not dessert
- It’s 1 cup of flour (125 grams).
- Prepare 1 of egg+1 egg yolk.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of milk.
- It’s to taste of freshly ground salt,.
- You need to taste of freshly ground pepper,.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
A delicious French crepe recipe for thin golden crepes served with your preferred filling & a secret tip for the best crepe batter recipe. You can make this basic crepe recipe for breakfast or to enjoy it as a traditional French dessert. Crêpes, a type of French pancake, are a versatile recipe that can be a base for breakfast, lunch, or the internationally famous dessert dish. Crepes are, typically, served with a variety of fillings from the very simple like sugar or fruit to the They’re also used to create light, airy Crepe Cakes which is one of my favorite desserts ever!!!
Basic Crepes, not dessert instructions
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and egg yolk then blend in the milk..
- Place the flour in a medium mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper, then add the milk mixture. Whisk until smooth, batter will be thin. Cover and set aside to rest for at least 4 hours..
- When ready to cook, heat an omelet pan over medium heat and add the butter. When melted, add to the batter and whisk to blend..
- Ladle about 1/3 cup of batter into the pan and quickly turn the pan to spread of the whole surface..
- When small, glistening bubbles are seen on the surface, flip the crepe and cook the other side for about 15-30 seconds or until lightly brown..
- Stack on a plate with wax paper between. May be frozen for later use..
What ingredients are in a French Crepe Recipe? This recipe can be used for all your dessert crepes. Preparation Whisk eggs and salt in large bowl. This classic recipe for crepes can be used as the basis for any dish that calls for a crepe. The buckwheat variation has a slightly heartier texture and a more robust flavor.