Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken. Cut the chicken legs off the thighs and cut the. Make the jerk rub by combining the salt, allspice, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic, nutmeg, pepper, ginger, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and thyme. While chicken broils, prepare rice mixture.
The trick to making oven baked jerk chicken is to marinade it overnight then broil it in the oven for a crispy caramelized skin. The flavor comes from the marinade which is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Sweet from the molasses and spicy from the habanero. You can cook Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken
- Prepare 12 of chicken thighs.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 head of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of habaneros/scotch bonnets (seeds removed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of veg oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of jerk spice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of gochujang (optional).
This recipe is a great make ahead meal. Put allspice, thyme, garlic, chiles, scallions, peppercorns, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, soy sauce and lime juice in a blender or food processor and grind to a rough paste. Jerk Chicken is supposed to be extremely spicy and flavorful. Marinading for less time will also lessen the spice level.
Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken step by step
- Blend all marinade ingredients until smooth..
- Marinate chicken overnight..
- Bake covered at 350 then bake for another half hour uncovered. Broil for the last 5 minutes for crispy skin..
The Best Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Recipe – This homemade Jamaican Jerk seasoning is perfect for chicken, beef, pork or seafood. This homemade Jamaican Jerk spice recipe is a bit sweet, a bit spicy and bold! #jamaicanjerk #jamaicanjerkspice #jamaicanjerkrecipes #jamaicanjerkchicken #jerkchicken #jerkchickenrecipes #spicerecipe Jerk chicken is a traditional Jamaican dish that has flavor combinations to die for. One bite of this succulent dish gives you a perfect combo of sweet, spicy, and smoky flavors. It's perfect for backyard BBQ's, picnics, or dinner – any day of the week! Place your chicken in a baking pan lined with aluminum foil.