You will never miss meat in this simple vegan meat sauce! This pasta dinner has all the classic flavors of the classic beef sauce you want, but is full of vegetables, nuts and quinoa!
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Parmesan rind (optional)
- 1 cup toasted, finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 28 oz. can whole San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup uncooked tri-color quinoa
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh cracked pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese + more for garnish
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- al dente spaghetti noodles
- fresh chopped parsley
- grated Parmesan
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery, and carrots along with a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, and oregano and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add red wine and deglaze the pot, scraping all the yummy bits off the bottom.
- Add crushed tomatoes to the pot.
- Then add whole San Marzano tomatoes, crushing them with your hands as you add them.
- Add whole milk, chopped walnuts, Parmesan, and uncooked quinoa along with a couple large pinches of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Add Parmesan rind.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti noodles and garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 servings
- Calories: 213kcal
- Sugar: 9.3g
- Sodium: 446.2mg
- Fat: 12.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 4.1mg
Keywords: vegetarian spaghetti sauce, quinoa spaghetti sauce, walnut spaghetti sauce, meatless spaghetti sauce