- 1 small head Cauliflower florets
- 3 tbs Olive oil
- 2 tbs Water
- 1½ tbs Corn starch
- 1/2 cup Vegetable broth ( I am using home made vegetable stock that is dark in color and this will affect the end result. If you are using clear veg broth your dish might look light beige in color)
- 1/4 cup Dark Soy sauce / Tamari sauce
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar (Maple syrup if you want it sugar free)
- 2 tsp Chili flakes
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 5–6 cloves Chopped garlic
- 3 Tbs Rice vinegar
- Prepare the sweet and sour sauce by mixing vegetable broth, soya sauce or tamari sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, Tahini, chili flakes, and chopped garlic.
- Wash and cut cauliflower into 1 ½ to 2-inch size florets.
- In a pan add cauliflower oil and a splash of water. Stir and cover, let it cook on slow to medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once cauliflower gets soften add half of the sauce and stir.
- Let it simmer for further 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce is well absorbed. Make sure the heat is medium to low. Do not burn the sauce.
- Add cornflour into the remaining sauce and mix.
- Now add the remaining sauce into cauliflower and cook until thickened.
- Serve hot on rice and garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.