- 2 cups crushed Oreos. (Frosting included)
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (room temp)
- 4 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 8 Oreo cookies (for the batter)
- 10 Oreo cookies (for top of cheesecake)
- Combine the melted butter with Oreo crumbs and press in a 9-inch spring pan and 1 1/2″ up the sides. Set crust aside. Be sure to leave in Oreo filling when crushing the Oreos.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add the ½ stick of melted butter.
- Continue mixing and add sugar slowly, making sure it is a smooth batter.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla, salt, flour and cream cheese mixture in the bowl and continue beating until it is smooth without any lumps.
- Add the sour cream and continue to beat. Stop mixing and add your crushed Oreos to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan with the Oreo crust.
- Place your other crushed Oreos on top for garnish.
- Place in oven and bake for one hour or until the middle does not jiggle.
- When it is finished cooking, keep the cheesecake in the oven but turn the oven off.
- Prop open the oven door, and let it cool for 1 hour.
- Place it in the fridge for at least 4 hours, but 24 hours is preferred.
- Top with whipped cream when ready to serve.