- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 2/3 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Do not preheat the oven. Grease 10 inch tube pan and line bottom with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, shortening, and sugar on low speed for 10 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk, mixing well. Add the vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of cake comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in the
- pan for 1 hour. Remove to a cake rack and cool for at least 3 hours.