For Stir Fry Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha/Sambal Oelek
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Cup Chicken,thigh meat,bite sized pieces
- As per need Salt
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 4 oz/150 gram Egg Noodles
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Inch Ginger,grated
- 3 Cloves Garlic,minced
- 2 Spring Onion,whites and green,separated
- 1/4 Cup Cabbage,shredded
- 1/4 Cup Carrot Sticks
- How to cook Make This Spicy Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- In a mixing bowl add chicken pieces,cut into bite sized pieces,salt,soy sauce,cornstarch and vegetable oil. Mix well to coat the chicken pieces well.This is done to tenderize the chicken.
- In a wok,add sesame oil, when its hot add the chicken pieces and stir fry till cooked. Discard the marinade if any left.Once cooked keep this aside.
- In the same pan add sesame oil,then add ginger grated,garlic minced,spring onion whites and stir fry it till soft.
- In the same pan, add shredded cabbage,carrot sticks and saute further.
- Move the veggies to one side of the pan and add chicken cooked to the pan.
- Saute everything together to cook well till slightly charred.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles(toss the noodles with little oil,to avoid the noodles from sticking to each other) and spring onion green.
- In a mixing bowl add the ingredients for sauce mix and add the sauce mix to the noodles and toss everything well to coat the chicken,veggies and noodles well.
Depending on the type of noodles you are using cook the noodles accordingly.Here I have boiled the noodles and run under cold tap water and then toss with a tablespoon of oil to keep it sticking to each other.
To get the chicken cooked soft and juicy instead of getting hard,always tenderize the chicken(also called velveting the chicken) by marinating with cornstarch,soy sauce,salt and oil.
To adjust the spice level in sauce increase or decrease the amount of sriracha.
Use your choice and veggies in this recipes- you can add snap peas,broccoli,bell peppers,frozen peas.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: Per Servings
- Calories: 138kcal
- Sugar: 4.82g
- Sodium: 2992.97mg
- Fat: 5.91g
- Saturated Fat: 0.91g
- Carbohydrates: 18.59g
- Fiber: 1.77g
- Cholesterol: 11.05mg
Keywords: Make This Spicy Chicken Noodle Stir Fry