- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (4 ounce) jars carrot baby food
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3–4 cups powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture. Add in baby food; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- While the cake cools, make the frosting. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy (I love using an electric hand mixer, but you can also do it by hand).
- Mix in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until it reaches the desired consistency (I like to make mine light and fluffy so that it’s easier to spread).
- Gently spread the frosting on the cake using a spatula.
- Cut into squares and serve.